(Virginia Beach, Virginia) — This morning I appeared on the Christian Broadcasting Network to discuss The Auschwitz Escape.
I shared the research I did for the book, and talked about the true stories that inspired the novel — specifically, the four heroes who actually did escape from the Nazi death camp 70 years ago this spring.
You can watch the full interview by clicking here.
During the interview, I also shared more of the results of the exclusive new polling we conducted through McLaughlin & Associates, a nationally-respected polling firm. We asked 1,000 likely U.S. voters the following question: “Do you agree or disagree with the following statement: ‘If the world does not take decisive action, and the Iranian regime is permitted to build nuclear weapons and the missiles to deliver them, the Iranian regime will one day attempt to annihilate the State of Israel and bring about a Second Holocaust’?”
- 80.2% of Americans agreed and said they fear a “Second Holocaust.”
- 16.1% disagreed.
- 3.7% said they did not know.
To me, this is a stunning number. It indicates that Americans do not see the history of the Nazi Holocaust as some kind of ancient history. Across the board, Americans of all ages, income groups, ethnic groups, religions, political ideologies and regions of the country are deeply concerned that a “Second Holocaust” may be coming if world leaders do not take decisive action to stop Iran before it is too late.
Are Christians willing to stand with Israel and the Jewish people in the face of this rising threat? This is a subject pastors, Christian leaders and lay people need to discuss. During the 1930s and ’40s, there were brave Christians who did love and defend and rescue Jews. But we also know many who called themselves “Christians” did nothing. That was a tragic failing of the Church. Will we do better this time around, as new evils rise?
This is the second poll question and answer we have released this week. The first indicated that 72% of Americans now view Vladimir Putin and the Russian government as a “clear and present danger to the U.S. and Israel.”
In the days ahead, we will release more of the polling data.
- Order The Auschwitz Escape today — it’s available now in hardcover, e-book and audio formats. You can get it online, or in your favorite bookstore.
- Learn more about The Joshua Fund (www.joshuafund.net) – educating and mobilizing Christians to bless Israel and her neighbors in the name of Jesus, and caring for the poor and needy with food and other humanitarian relief – read our 2013 Donor Report, and make a beginning-of-the-year, tax deductible, secure, on-line contribution.
- Follow on Twitter — @joelcrosenberg
- Receive every blog post automatically via the RSS feed.