You and I both know America is on the wrong track economically and spiritually. In fact, more and more Americans realize we are in grave danger not just of further decline, but outright collapse or implosion. The question is: What are we going to do about it? Would you join me in committing to 40 days of prayer for revival in America? Will you join me and Christians from all over the country in humbling your heart, praying and seeking God’s face, turning from your wicked ways, and pleading with the Lord to heal your heart, family and nation? Now is the time to urgently get on our knees and plead for His mercy and forgiveness. We need to beseech Him to grant us repentance, to make it possible for us to see our sins and truly, humbly repent — to turn back to the Lord — before it is too late.
I have joined with other American pastors and Christian leaders in a movement called “If My People 2012.” Together, we are urging people to pray for revival for 40 days and nights, leading up to Election Day. This is not a political movement. This goes way beyond politics. In this season as Americans prepare choose our national leaders to guide us into the future, it’s even more important that we decide to follow Jesus Christ, the King of kings and the Lord of lords. As I write about in Implosion, I firmly believe that only Jesus Christ can save our nation from the path of self-destruction and judgment we are facing. That’s why I’ve joined with my fellow Christian servants in committing to praying for revival and a Third Great Awakening over the 40 days until November 6th. Please join us. Learn more at www.ifmypeople2012.org. Watch the daily prayer videos. Sign up for daily prayer alerts. Follow us on Twitter. And please gather your family and friends to pray like you’ve never prayed before. “If My people who are called by My name humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, will forgive their sin and will heal their land.” (2 Chronicles 7:14)
At the same time, please include all the people of Israel and the epicenter in your prayers for the next 40 days as well. Pray for peace. Pray for the persecuted Church. Pray for the Gospel to be communicated clearly to all those in danger and darkness. Pray for the Holy Spirit to move in great power and grace. Thanks so much. These are dangerous and prophetic times. May God shake us out of lethargy and distraction and draw us close to His heart, come what may.
- Are you saved? If you died tonight, are you 100% certain you would spend eternity in heaven? Here’s a clear, concise explanation of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
- My spiritual journey — how did my parents and I come to faith in Jesus Christ?
- Implosion: Can America Recover From Its Economic & Spiritual Challenges In Time?
- The Invested Life: Making Disciples of All Nations One Person At A Time
- Listen to the podcast of the “Implosion Radio Special”
- Help The Joshua Fund care for the poor and needy in Israel, teach the Word of God in the epicenter, educate and mobilize Christians around the world to bless poor and needy Israelis, train pastors and ministry leaders in Egypt, strengthen the believers in Syria, and prepare for a possible major new war in the epicenter — please prayerfully consider a generous, tax deductible financial contribution to The Joshua Fund.
- Follow Joel on Twitter — @joelcrosenberg