1.) Pray for the Lord to protect, encourage, comfort and provide for the immediate release of Gilad Shalit, the Israeli soldier who has been held captive by Hamas for exactly four years today. Pray, too, for the Lord to comfort and encourage his family and friends with His supernatural grace and mercy who have agonized with almost no information about their son all this time.
I know many of you have been praying for Gilad and Mosab in recent years. Thank you and please redouble your efforts. Let us not grow weary in well doing, but continue appealing to the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob to do a miracle and bless these two young men. May the Lord bless you as you do.
“The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me, because the Lord has annointed me to bring good news to the afflicted; He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives and freedom to prisoners; to proclaim the favorable year of the Lord and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all who mourn, to grant those who mourn in Zion, giving them a garland instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, the mantle of praise instead of a spirit of fainting. So they will be called oaks of righteousness, the planting of the Lord, that He may be glorified.” (Isaiah 61:1-3)
- Israel marks four years of ‘cruel’ Shalit captivity
- Amb. Michael Oren in the Wall Street Journal: “Gilad Shalit: Hostage of Hamas — The struggle to bring the soldier home has become a national passion for Israelis.”
- Jerusalem Post: 4th anniversary of Schalit abduction marked around world
- The Jewish Journal of Greater Los Angeles: Shin Bet Agent Breaks Protocol to Safeguard Ex-Hamas Operative
- Washington Times: Hamas founder’s son decries Islamic ‘god of hate’